2 replies to this topic

#1 Barney

Barney

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 09:15 AM

We teach SHP edexcel modular at the mo and of course next year we are having to go linear. Just wondering what people are teaching and in what order?

I went on the recent Edexcel webinar and there was no real suggestion about order, although the below option was mentioned.

Year 10
1. Outline study
2. Evidence Study

Year 11
3. Controlled Assessment (Use summer to prepare/read)
4. Depth Study

In the past we have split the Controlled Assessment.

Are there any other suggestions? Are people thinking about changing boards?

#2 ewallace

ewallace

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 09:58 AM

We have decided to change things around with the move to linear.

Year 10
Life in Germany
CA - Vietnam (we are switching from CA8)

Year 11
Medicine
Surgery

Our thoughts are that with the scale of the depth study it would make sense to complete it in Year 11. For some reason our students are more able to remember the Life in Germany content than they are the Medicine content - I think due to its vastness!

We originally switched to Edexcel from OCR when the exams became modular as the style of papers were more suited to our students (little did we know about some of the indecipherable mark schemes!). I think we are going to stick with Edexcel for a little longer and see how much of an imapct it has

Erin

#3 Ed Waller

Ed Waller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,497 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 03:11 PM

We're going

CA (NI)
Development Study (Meds)
Evidence Study (Surgery)
Depth (Germany)
And a heck of a lot of revision!

That way longest they have to remember anything is Jan 13 to June 14 and not from Sept 12.

In some ways getting the year 10 time back (current Yr 10 is very disrupted in Summer term with modules all ovedr the place in a variety of subjects) is a bonus.

However, would prefer modular for the very reasons Gove doesn't like it.
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five. - Groucho Marx

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users