3 replies to this topic

#1 ewallace

ewallace

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 06:48 PM

Hiya

I am currently revamping one of our Year 8 SOLS. 2 of the enquiry questions are 'Does Darwin deserve his place on the £10 note?' and 'Why was the monkey put on trial?'. I was wondering whether anyone happened to have an introduction lesson on what America was like i the 1920s to set the scene for the class. It isnt a topic we teach so I am not overly familiar with it.

Any help will be much appreciated! Am happy to put the lessons up when I have finished planning them.

Thanks

Erin

#2 awithey

awithey

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 08:11 PM

At A2 I have students analyse the lyrics to 'Anything Goes'. They do this in order to identify trends, progress and confrontation in 1920's US society. I simply have them annotate the lyrics.

#3 JohnDClare

JohnDClare

Six Star General

• Admin
  • 3,184 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 09:39 PM

Hiya

I am currently revamping one of our Year 8 SOLS. 2 of the enquiry questions are 'Does Darwin deserve his place on the £10 note?' and 'Why was the monkey put on trial?'. I was wondering whether anyone happened to have an introduction lesson on what America was like i the 1920s to set the scene for the class. It isnt a topic we teach so I am not overly familiar with it.

Any help will be much appreciated! Am happy to put the lessons up when I have finished planning them.

Thanks

Erin

Ha - for a moment I thought you were doing a lesson on Hartlepool!

#4 Chouan

Chouan

Long-term Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 683 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 07:45 AM

So did I! Hardly a fair trial though!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users