8 replies to this topic

#1 Lindsay_Merrony

Lindsay_Merrony

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 14 October 2002 - 08:38 PM

Since joining this forum I have found the information absolutely invaluable and rewarding. Teaching in a small department, it has really allowed me to be aware of what is happening in other departments.

So thanks everyone!

Yet, I was thinking it would be handy if there was a place to upload/download not just resources and materials that we use with students, but administrative resources, like lesson plans and schemes of work.

Some of you have sent me exemplar materials, and of course they're great. It would be handy to compare admin type resources, not just to rip off ides (lets be honest here :) ) but to truly see if the work we do administratively is 'on the right track' with what other departments do.

I really want to know if I get things right?

Is there a section on schoolhistory.co.uk that could be created for this purpose? I promise, i would even upload my stuff. It may look very familiar to some of you :lol:

The section could range from whole Schemes to stock take forms.

Is this a good idea? Sharing good administrative practice?

Lindsay

#2 Andrew Field

Andrew Field

Andrew

• Admin
  • 6,945 posts

Posted 14 October 2002 - 08:43 PM

There is one - but it isn't ready yet. I've been sent materials by others and haven't put it together yet. Russel, Dan and myself discussed doing a joint one so everything can be pooled and this seems to be the idea.

So, if you are willing to send your stuff in, I'll make it all appear by the end of the week.

:)

Dan's got some good stuff at:
http://www.schoolshi...sment/index.htm

Just like the Literacy section, this is one of those areas that is in progress, and has been in progress for some time, and it is about time it was no longer in progress.

Generate your own versions of my games, quizzes and eLearning activities: ContentGenerator.net

#3 Lindsay_Merrony

Lindsay_Merrony

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 15 October 2002 - 05:53 PM

I will email my stuff on Friday - the only day I get non contact time.

Thanks

Lindsay

#4 neil mcdonald

neil mcdonald

Neil McDonald

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,591 posts

Posted 16 October 2002 - 10:34 AM

I was thinking of a similar thing - all those schemes of work, assessment sheets we do etc. ell me what you need and I'll see what I have on the system.
Bernard Woolley: Have the countries in alphabetical order? Oh no, we can't do that, we'd put Iraq next to Iran.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bernard Woolley: That's one of those irregular verbs, isn't it? I give confidential security briefings. You leak. He has been charged under section 2a of the Official Secrets Act.

#5 Dan Moorhouse

Dan Moorhouse

Six Star General

• Admin
  • 3,546 posts

Posted 20 October 2002 - 05:36 PM

I've got quite a few that I've got online in some obscure folder somewhere. It's a bit of a mess at the moment though, no index pages etc. I'll make it user friendly and post the URL within the next few days.

As Andrew has mentioned this has been discussed previously, certainly via e-mail, with several users of the forum. I'm happy enough to host any admin related documents that people are willing to share - get 'em sent in to Andrew or myself and they'll be online shortly.

#6 Dan Moorhouse

Dan Moorhouse

Six Star General

• Admin
  • 3,546 posts

Posted 05 November 2002 - 07:22 PM

I've got enough schemes of work now to make a unit viable. It is still only a very small unit though, only 4 contributors, myself included, from this forum.

I'll be uploading the unit within a week or so but would appreciate any further Schemes of work. At the moment there is at least one scheme of work covering each of the following areas - some of which cover the six areas of study quite broadly, others are more tightly focussed on the QCA specs. Some are quite old but i'll include them as some of the ideas are still of use:

KS3
Medieval Realms
The Romans
Castles
The Making of the UK
Islamic Civilisation
Native Americans
Hot war, Cold War
Twentieth Century World
Industrialisation - lots of local history built in.

KS4
Medicine through time
Weimar and Nazi Germany

Thanks to the people who have said that they'll forward their schemes for the unit - another 6 people - that should make it quite worthwhile. if there are any more to come - or if you've forgotten that you said you'd send them - please send them in via e-mail (address can be found at the foot of any page on

SchoolsHistory.org.uk)

#7 Nichola Boughey

Nichola Boughey

Nichola

• Admin
  • 2,191 posts

Posted 05 November 2002 - 10:44 PM

Dan,

it may be an idea to post the SOW that you might like to include so that we can see if we have anything that you can use!

Nicky

#8 Dan Moorhouse

Dan Moorhouse

Six Star General

• Admin
  • 3,546 posts

Posted 06 November 2002 - 02:18 PM

it may be an idea to post the SOW that you might like to include so that we can see if we have anything that you can use!

Personally I'd have thought that having as wide a range of schemes as possible would be the ideal. If there are 2, 3 or more covering one particular unit from the QCA scheme that would allow people to see how other people are working and make use of a wide range of ideas from other schools.

In terms of the QCA schemes the areas that haven't been covered in as much depth as I would like are those listed at the foot of this posting - some of them sit in the ptional study units, others are areas that haven't been prioritised in my older schemes of work or in the submitted schemes. (Also, in one lesson a week I simply don't have the time to cover all of the study units that I'd want to in as much depth as possible).

KS3 request list:

How did the Medieval church affect peoples lives?
Elizabeth I : how successfully did she tackle the problems of her reign?Images of an age : what can we learn from portraits 1500-1750?
From Glorious Revolution to the '45 : how united was the kingdom?
France 1789-94 : why was there a revolution?
Snapshot 1900 : what was British middle-class life like?
Mughal India and the coming of the British, 1526-1857 : how did the Mughal Empire rise and fall?
Black peoples of America : from slavery to equality?
The franchise : why did it take so much longer for British women to get the vote?
Divided Ireland : why has it been so hard to achieve peace in Ireland?
Twentieth-century medicine : how has it changed the lives of people?
From Aristotle to the atom : scientific discoveries that changed the world?

#9 Dan Moorhouse

Dan Moorhouse

Six Star General

• Admin
  • 3,546 posts

Posted 07 November 2002 - 09:18 PM

First batch of new admin submissions has been uploaded.

Assessment materials

Thanks to those who've contributed so far. More should be up over the weekend - if i finish redesigning my medicine section.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users