8 replies to this topic

#1 mattzb

mattzb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 10 January 2004 - 06:48 PM

As a result of trying to implement the workload agreement, our faculty head has asked me to try and see if I can set up a comment bank that staff can use when it comes to report writing and hence save us quite some time in the future.
I imagine that staff would be given a list of possible comments and then they just instruct our admin assistant that they would like comments 1, 3, 9, 62 etc
Has anyone else set up a comment bank for reports? Would MS Access be the way to try and set up the files?
Any help much appreciated!

#2 paul.tipping

paul.tipping

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 10 January 2004 - 06:53 PM

Has your school got SIMS on its admin side? If it has there is a report module available where you fill in OMR (optical mark sheet) and then the system puts the appropriate comments from statement bank against individul pupils.

#3 Lesley Ann

Lesley Ann

Six Star General

• Admin
  • 2,497 posts

Posted 10 January 2004 - 07:06 PM

Thread on Key Stage 3 Reports
Carpe Diem - Seize the Day

#4 Dan Moorhouse

Dan Moorhouse

Six Star General

• Admin
  • 3,547 posts

Posted 10 January 2004 - 07:08 PM

Have that available in MS Word, uses Macros etc to generate codes. can then amend comments and personalise as well as and when you want to. This combines the speed of the coment bank with the ability to say exactly what you want, and the personal touch is often appreciated.

I'll e-mail you the files and instructions.

#5 mattzb

mattzb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 12 January 2004 - 07:39 PM

many thanks for the email dan - do agree that it is worry that if we generate commen bank reports they can become de-personalised. Not sure how our faculty would react to macros though - some are the stereotypical use the hard drive for cup-holders... :hehe:

#6 Dave Wallbanks

Dave Wallbanks

• Admin
  • 1,444 posts

Posted 12 January 2004 - 09:08 PM

I've used these before and whilst they're very useful in time saving, they were useless in really individualising reprots and addressing key concerns for each pupil. My ex boss used the doublespeak language to remove critical or negative comments so one pupil got a report from me that had her name and my signature as there was nothing in the banks that was appropriate and that was for her ROA!!!!
There is a light and it never goes out.
Go pray in my church!
http://www.nufc.com

#7 Karen Riches

Karen Riches

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 18 January 2004 - 09:07 PM

We've just started using a report system as a department.

We downloaded a free copy of a report maker from this site http://www.rayslearning.com/report.htm and then made up our own relevant sentence banks. They take a while to set up the sentence banks but save time in the long run.
:jump

#8 Russel Tarr

Russel Tarr

Russel Tarr

• Admin
  • 1,367 posts

Posted 26 January 2004 - 04:21 PM

I prefer just using the autocorrect feature in Word so that sw turns into Sourcework Assignment, or ww1 into The Causes of World War One and conditions on the Western Front and similar.

In this way, I am still writing a personalised report, but the chore of writing out the same necessary phrases is stripped out.

"There's an old saying about those who forget history. I don't remember it, but it's good" - Stephen Colbert

#9 duncwilson

duncwilson

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 11:32 AM

Also try http://www.reportcommentbank.co.uk - there are loads of comments for History (Greeks, Victorians, WW2, Tudors) in there.

We've just started using a report system as a department.

We downloaded a free copy of a report maker from this site http://www.rayslearning.com/report.htm and then made up our own relevant sentence banks. They take a while to set up the sentence banks but save time in the long run.
:jump

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users