66 replies to this topic

#61 Roy Huggins

Roy Huggins

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,428 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 09:37 PM

Hi Folks,

I don't suppose anyone has come up with any new graphic organisers that I can adapt for use on the old IWB?

Roy :jester:

Edited by Roy Huggins, 04 February 2011 - 07:34 PM.

"Men are disturbed, not by the things that happen, but by their opinion of the things that happen." - Epictetus

#62 Roy Huggins

Roy Huggins

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,428 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 07:36 PM

Hi Folks,

I've created a lesson plan for boardworks which includes some free resources on teaching the aims of the peacemakers in 1914. The plan itself tries to show case many of the ideas and graphic organisers that I've included in this seminar.

If you are interested, they can be downloaded from http://www.boardwork...97/product-blog

"Men are disturbed, not by the things that happen, but by their opinion of the things that happen." - Epictetus

#63 Roy Huggins

Roy Huggins

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,428 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 06:30 PM

If you look at the new Ofsted framework, many of the ideas that have been showcased in this seminar nicely fit the new lesson criteria. The Big picture questions that can be framed around the graphic organisers, can give students the writing and speaking frame they need to produce extended answers whether written or verbal.

I've attached some updated versions of my graphic organisers below that folks are more than welcoem to share. These can be imported into any IWB software. I still believe that Smart Notes is by far the best on the market:

Attached File  Factory Review Triangle.jpg   81.85K   52 downloads
Attached File  Factory PEE.jpg   85.71K   41 downloads
Attached File  Factory Spider.jpg   64.73K   18 downloads
Attached File  Factory Triple Venn.jpg   81.59K   14 downloads
Attached File  Key Venn diagram.jpg   69.84K   16 downloads
Attached File  Key Triple Venn diagram.jpg   68.75K   16 downloads
Attached File  Key Spider.jpg   55.33K   21 downloads
Attached File  Key Review Triangle.jpg   69.25K   23 downloads
Attached File  Key PEE.jpg   83.12K   26 downloads

Kind Regards

Attached Files

#64 Roy Huggins

Roy Huggins

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,428 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 05:14 PM

Hi Folks,

Whilst reviewing the different threads I thought that I would share another invaluable tool to use on the IWB - the visualizer!

For those of you who are not familiar with them, a visualizer allows you to place a book, picture or resource under it and then beam the image onto the IWB. Its great if you forgotten to photocopy something or of you only have one copy of something. The visualizer will also allows you to zoom in and take a picture so that you can then important the image into your IWB software so that you can write all over it.

I often use the visualizer when I'm doing AFL activities with my students.  For example, I might beam an answer students have struggled to mark themselves and then debate what level to award it with the rest of the class.  They are also excellent for showing what a good / bad answer looks like and getting students to model annotating work .

Its terms of cost they can be expensive.  My school bought everyone a visualizer but only about 5% of staff actually use them, but they are a worthwhile investment.

Kind Regards

#65 Dan Moorhouse

Dan Moorhouse

Six Star General

• Admin
  • 3,546 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 01:52 AM

Can't help but think that this is exactly what I used to do with an OHP when teaching Literacy in a Middle School Roy!!!! How come only 5% of people use it though? The digital aspect does take it to the next level! 

#66 John Perkins

John Perkins

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 10:48 AM

Use them, use them!! You can now pick them up for less than £30 look for HUE. Resolution not as good as the big expensive ones but they do the job. And yep. It is like the old OHP. Also mouse scanner has changed my life. Even cheaper at about £20 I have an LG one but other brands are available!!

#67 John Perkins

John Perkins

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 10:50 AM

http://www.amazon.co...=hue visualiser

http://www.amazon.co... scanne,aps,147

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users