2 replies to this topic

#1 Chris Higgins

Chris Higgins

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 04 January 2003 - 03:00 PM

I found the article posted on the Schoolshistory site on teaching talented and able students very useful. I would like to use it in a written assignment for my PGCE course but could not see the author's name. Can anyone help identify this useful source? Also, can anyone point me in the direction of any other online sources of info. of differentiation? Many thanks.
“The end of all our adventuring is to find the place where we began and know it for the first time.”

#2 Andrew Field

Andrew Field

Andrew

• Admin
  • 6,946 posts

Posted 04 January 2003 - 03:05 PM

Isn't it written by Dan - as it is on his site? In the introduction he says "This section is based upon my experiences as a local area co-ordinator for this initiative, with specific reference to my, and other peoples, implementation of the policy within ordinary schools."

I'd go for Dan Moorhouse, http://www.schoolshistory.org.uk

He'll certainly be able to point you in the right direction for more materials, but I'd initially suggest http://www.standards...tedAndTalented/

Generate your own versions of my games, quizzes and eLearning activities: ContentGenerator.net

#3 Dan Moorhouse

Dan Moorhouse

Six Star General

• Admin
  • 3,546 posts

Posted 20 January 2003 - 06:00 PM

Yes it's one of my creations. Basically it's a very rough draft of an article I was asked to write for Oxford Brookes University who have led the way in developing provision for gifted and talented students. When Excellence in Cities was first introduced a few years ago i was one of the guinea pigs who trialled all of the training and did the leg work on a local level to get it implemented, the DfES consultants then approached me to write it up for a book they were publishing. I got little further than the rough draft in the end, they wanted an academic and theory based research based article and I wanted a practical guide for teachers including tips and examples of best practice. Some of the ideas in that section are quite good but the examples of best practice aren't in there as I've never got around to asking the teachers concerned if they'd mind.

Do you still need pointers towards ideas for differentiating for the more able or have I seen this too late?

NB: Most of the research in this field is American, they appear to have a system of provision for G&T that is far more advanced than the requirements that we are beginning to implement in the UK.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users