• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Andrew Field

Andrew Field

Andrew

• Admin
  • 6,946 posts

Posted 28 September 2005 - 11:33 PM

Try this out - it is part of a larger site that I'm putting the finishing touches to.

I'm asked to deliver a session about 'effective ICT' quite regularly but I've never really been able to deliver it in exactly the way I want to. Now I've finished this exercise - which can hopefully be used for all curriculum areas - you can explore what 'effective ICT' really is.

The definitions can be found here: http://www.effective...o.uk/effective/
... and the interactive exercise can be found here: http://www.effective...effective.shtml

Do please try it out - I'm hoping it is quite a useful talking point, if nothing else.... :tomatoes:

Generate your own versions of my games, quizzes and eLearning activities: ContentGenerator.net

#2 Carole Faithorn

Carole Faithorn

Carole

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,279 posts

Posted 29 September 2005 - 12:01 AM

I didn't read the definitions first .... just did the quiz. On a couple of occasions my scores differed quite significantly from yours, but as you say this is a subjective exercise.

I thought that it could well make an individual reflect on the effective use of ICT, but that it would be a great deal more useful if done by a group of teachers together as a basis for discussion.

#3 Andrew Field

Andrew Field

Andrew

• Admin
  • 6,946 posts

Posted 29 September 2005 - 12:06 AM

I thought that it could well make an individual reflect on the effective use of ICT, but that it would be a great deal more useful if done by a group of teachers together as a basis for discussion.

Which is exactly what is has been created for :jester:

Which scores did you differ on?

Generate your own versions of my games, quizzes and eLearning activities: ContentGenerator.net

#4 Carole Faithorn

Carole Faithorn

Carole

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,279 posts

Posted 29 September 2005 - 12:51 AM

Errrr .... Just emphasising that it would be more useful when done in a group.

The questions where I differed significantly were the ones where no purpose was stated in the scenario. I assumed there would be a real learning purpose/objective and rated accordingly.

#5 MrsB

MrsB

Long-term Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 548 posts

Posted 29 September 2005 - 04:14 PM

it raised some interesting issues - would certainly promote discussion
It's only a job!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users