• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#1 Dan Lyndon

Dan Lyndon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,403 posts

Posted 27 November 2005 - 08:55 PM

Thanks to Donald I have just created my first podcast using http://audacity.sourceforge.net/ and I have successfully exported it to an MP3 file. Does anyone know how I can insert this into a webpage using Dreamweaver?

Ignore that! I have managed it here if anyone wants to hear it for a laugh - scroll down to the bottom and it's called the Black Death podcast (it's quite a big file though)

Edited by Dan Lyndon, 27 November 2005 - 08:56 PM.

Until the lion has a historian of his own, the tale of the hunt will always glorify the hunter.
comptonhistory.com
blackhistory4schools.com

#2 donald cumming

donald cumming

Long-term Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 744 posts

Posted 27 November 2005 - 09:14 PM

Genius work Dan, you are clearly the Norman Jay of the History teaching world (alas I sounded more like Danny Baker when I tried!).

I will be experimenting in a similar manner with my young charges later on this week - can they handle it? can they handle it?

Heh heh!

Donald

#3 Dan Lyndon

Dan Lyndon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,403 posts

Posted 27 November 2005 - 09:29 PM

More like Norman Wisdom I fear - can you name the track that I MC over? prizes to all you grime fans out there is you can :flowers:
Until the lion has a historian of his own, the tale of the hunt will always glorify the hunter.
comptonhistory.com
blackhistory4schools.com

#4 Guest_Nick Dennis_*

Guest_Nick Dennis_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 November 2005 - 09:36 PM

More like Norman Wisdom I fear - can you name the track that I MC over? prizes to all you grime fans out there is you can :flowers:

Love it!

'Can you handle it? Now.'

:D

#5 donald cumming

donald cumming

Long-term Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 744 posts

Posted 27 November 2005 - 10:38 PM

I didn't quite get the balance of music/speec correct, but here's my first attempt about mindmap techniques:

mindmap podcast

so its not your usual atomic kitten pop then dan?

Edited by donald cumming, 27 November 2005 - 10:39 PM.

#6 Dan Lyndon

Dan Lyndon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,403 posts

Posted 28 November 2005 - 06:33 PM

We're more street in Sarf London - strictly grime, drum and bass and breakbeats (ok the last one is me not the boys)! I did like yours donald but it did send me to sleep - great for my insomnia

I shall be posting the first attempts by my boys later tonight for your pleasure :teacher:

Edited by Dan Lyndon, 28 November 2005 - 06:34 PM.

comptonhistory.com
blackhistory4schools.com

#7 Dan Lyndon

Dan Lyndon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,403 posts

Posted 28 November 2005 - 10:01 PM

I have added 3 of my students podcasts to the link above - I like Ricky and Martin's in the style of 'kids' by Robbie and Kylie. Which do you prefer?
comptonhistory.com
blackhistory4schools.com

#8 donald cumming

donald cumming

Long-term Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 744 posts

Posted 29 November 2005 - 08:17 AM

Excellent

The Kids one is the best one so far. I'm getting my y11s to make them as a demonstration of their learning and compare with the other classes one. Results to follow....

They loved doing it so far.

#9 Chris Wilde

Chris Wilde

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 29 November 2005 - 05:35 PM

Love the work gentz!!
I held a class survey with my year 11's today.....
Q1) How many people here have an MP3 player now, or are getting one for xmas?
Answer: from 2 year 11 classes (58 kids) 100%
Q2) How many would download podcasts for revision purposes
Answer: 85%
Am going to use this inspirationa idea to produce some revision podcasts for Year 11 revision. Will keep you posted when they are complete!
Cheers lads!
Chris :woo:
IPB Image

#10 Carl Fazackerley

Carl Fazackerley

Long-term Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 695 posts

Posted 29 November 2005 - 07:07 PM

Hi this seems like a really fun task! Hopefully I may be able to try this whilst I am on teaching placement next term.
"Ernest Hemingway: In order to be a great writer a person must have a built- in, shockproof - crap detector."

#11 Dan Lyndon

Dan Lyndon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,403 posts

Posted 29 November 2005 - 07:24 PM

Go for it Carl, it really is easy and the kids love it.
comptonhistory.com
blackhistory4schools.com

#12 Carl Fazackerley

Carl Fazackerley

Long-term Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 695 posts

Posted 30 November 2005 - 03:27 PM

Go for it Carl, it really is easy and the kids love it.

How did you record the students? Was it using kit you had in school?
"Ernest Hemingway: In order to be a great writer a person must have a built- in, shockproof - crap detector."

#13 Dan Lyndon

Dan Lyndon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,403 posts

Posted 30 November 2005 - 05:34 PM

I used a microphone headset which I got from my CLC which happens to be next door to my school. However I know that Donald picked up a cheap microphone at PC World, which is probably more useful (mine has a short lead and only one person can really use it at a time easily).
comptonhistory.com
blackhistory4schools.com

#14 donald cumming

donald cumming

Long-term Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 744 posts

Posted 30 November 2005 - 05:46 PM

Fingers crossed we should have some decent ones on the Night of the Long Knives on Friday - class are loving it! Far more motivated than if I asked them to write written answers to demonstrate their knowledge. No hold on... they're writing the script... exactly the same questions except they're smiling and enjoying themselves... I tricked them (cue thunder claps and flashes) again (cue evil laughter).... excellent.

#15 Carl Fazackerley

Carl Fazackerley

Long-term Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 695 posts

Posted 30 November 2005 - 06:07 PM

I tricked them (cue thunder claps and flashes) again (cue evil laughter).... excellent.

LOL :D

Edited by Carl Fazackerley, 30 November 2005 - 06:08 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users