Photo

GCSE-OCR Paper 2- what theme period do you think it will be on!

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Tezza Walsh

Tezza Walsh

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 14 June 2006 - 12:34 PM

What theme do you think the paper will be on? The advice that we have given to pupils is be prepared for question on the Suffragettes, but also focus on the Home Front!

If it follows the same pattern then it should be the Suffragettes- I hope!!

As for paper 1 on the Modern World- I thought that it was a fair paper with no real surprises, also like the look of sources in colour, makes a difference! B)

Edited by Tezza Walsh, 14 June 2006 - 12:37 PM.

#2 johnwayne

johnwayne

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 387 posts

Posted 14 June 2006 - 02:53 PM

yes I agree with you - it should be on women as we have now gone the full cycle. But have told the classes to also look at the liberals and the homefront just in case. Here's to tomorrow!

#3 nicky

nicky

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 15 June 2006 - 03:24 PM

I was also expecting it to be the Suffragettes so I was a bit surprised to see that it was the Home Front. Guess that means it must be the Suffragettes next year?!! I thought the paper was ok though. My class really struggled with the sources through the course but I thought the questions were fairly straightforward and they should manage to do most of them.

I also liked having the sources in colour - I agree that it makes a difference.

#4 Karen Miller

Karen Miller

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 15 June 2006 - 06:26 PM

I'm glad I didn't follow the pattern then as I thought they might change things. I believe the focus was propaganda. Could anyone tell me questions as I haven't seen the paper? Reviews from my pupils were mixed but then so is their ability.
Thanks
Karen
Such is life!

#5 sarahn

sarahn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 377 posts

Posted 15 June 2006 - 07:17 PM

the main question at the end was something like how effective was propaganda in convincing the British public? (worded much much better than that)
there was an evaluation question, reliability
I thought it would be very difficult when I first saw it, but saw some of my students afterwards and they said it was ok. :)

#6 bobspeight

bobspeight

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 15 June 2006 - 07:27 PM

the main question at the end was something like how effective was propaganda in convincing the British public? (worded much much better than that)
there was an evaluation question, reliability
I thought it would be very difficult when I first saw it, but saw some of my students afterwards and they said it was ok. :)

My jobsworth exams officer wouldn't let me see the paper until she'd sent the papers off but the kids I saw seemed to find it pretty accessible. They all struggled with paper one, though, due to the fact we've had to race through the course and hadn't done a lot on the exact reasons Hitler invaded Czecholslovakia or the social problems tackled by the League of Nations, for example.

#7 Roy Huggins

Roy Huggins

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,439 posts

Posted 20 June 2006 - 08:45 PM

Hi Guys,

If you looked at my thread on why I'm changing from AQA to OCR you would have known that it was going to be The Home Front!

Roy
"Men are disturbed, not by the things that happen, but by their opinion of the things that happen." - Epictetus

#8 Mel

Mel

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 21 June 2006 - 08:31 AM

How did you know that??

#9 Roy Huggins

Roy Huggins

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,439 posts

Posted 03 September 2006 - 09:42 PM

Hi Mel,

I went on the OCR trining course. They are on a cycle. Next year June will be Suffragists / Suffragettes.

Just in case do Liberal reforms ...

Kind Regards

Roy
"Men are disturbed, not by the things that happen, but by their opinion of the things that happen." - Epictetus

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users