• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Marco Koene

Marco Koene

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 February 2003 - 09:15 AM

How far do european projects help teachers in there everyday lessons? I am very interested in teachers experiences. For me I think they help to inspire new thoughts or methods of teaching.

Edited by Marco Koene, 18 February 2003 - 09:16 AM.

#2 Andrew Field

Andrew Field

Andrew

• Admin
  • 6,941 posts

Posted 18 February 2003 - 12:28 PM

I'm not sure about everyday lessons, but the European aspect brought an extra dimension to the project I worked on with my Year 8s (12-13 year old children) last year. At the beginning of the project I explained how they were lucky enough to be in partnership with other schools in Europe - at the time schools in Ireland, Italy and this later grew further.

For both my teaching and the students' learning we certainly developed new techniques and a clear appreciation that this work was for more than just our classroom wall.

In terms of feedback and audience it was excellent to pass on messages from around Europe that the group had received - they could see the worth of their work and that it wasn't just for Mr Field, rather that other people from other countries were able (hopefully!) to benefit. This, I am sure, made them view their work in a different light, seeing that they weren't just at a single isolated school, but part of Europe.

Thus, from my very limited experience, I feel a really positive impact what the concept of the wider and varied audience - it provided a very real purpose.

However, for 'everyday lessons' this isn't the case - but in terms of the students' education, I feel those involved in the project now have an appreciation of the wider world / Europe, and they thus bring this to their everyday lessons.

Generate your own versions of my games, quizzes and eLearning activities: ContentGenerator.net

#3 Juan Carlos Ocaņa

Juan Carlos Ocaņa

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 18 February 2003 - 06:50 PM

After taking part in Comenius projects for several years, I strongly recommend to join international projects as a good way to improve our daily lessons. Visiting other schools and colleagues from all over Europe, make you get to know different methods and didactic strategies that help you at the classroom. At the same time, start up common projects and set up shared materials give a more open-minded dimmension to our work. Of course, working with other European colleagues enhance the use of ICT at the classrooms so as to communicate and set up common resources.

#4 Lindsay_Merrony

Lindsay_Merrony

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 20 February 2003 - 10:22 AM

Hi, can you explain to me what Comenius is please?

Thanks,

Lindsay
I'd rather die on my feet than live on my knees.

#5 Andrew Field

Andrew Field

Andrew

• Admin
  • 6,941 posts

Posted 20 February 2003 - 10:23 AM

Their website does it better than I ever could:
http://europa.eu.int...rates/comenius/
:D

Generate your own versions of my games, quizzes and eLearning activities: ContentGenerator.net

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users