• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Andrew Field

Andrew Field

Andrew

• Admin
  • 6,948 posts

Posted 27 November 2006 - 04:32 PM

With the new server up and running you might find a few issues where the old website has been stored rather than the new one (known as DNS caching) but these should resolve themselves over the next 24 hours or so.

Is it all working ok for everyone? The forum should be quicker to respond. :unsure:

Generate your own versions of my games, quizzes and eLearning activities: ContentGenerator.net

#2 Andrew Field

Andrew Field

Andrew

• Admin
  • 6,948 posts

Posted 27 November 2006 - 10:47 PM

Now things have settled down a little (in technical terms now the DNS seems to be propagating across the internet) this forum is now extremely fast. I'm very pleased with the improvement.

Well done UnitedHosting.co.uk :u star:

Generate your own versions of my games, quizzes and eLearning activities: ContentGenerator.net

#3 Chris Wilde

Chris Wilde

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 29 November 2006 - 08:27 PM

With the new server up and running you might find a few issues where the old website has been stored rather than the new one (known as DNS caching) but these should resolve themselves over the next 24 hours or so.

Is it all working ok for everyone? The forum should be quicker to respond. :unsure:

I'm not liking the way the threads are only showing 1 converstion at the top, with the rest grouped at the bottom to choose which ones you want to see. Don't know why the forum is doing this, but I prefered it when you could see all the conversations at once. Am i doing something wrong here, or is this the same for everyone? :unsure: :huh:
IPB Image

#4 Andrew Field

Andrew Field

Andrew

• Admin
  • 6,948 posts

Posted 29 November 2006 - 08:35 PM

Chris I don't believe that this has anything to do with the server move. Somehow you've changed your settings! As you look at a thread you should see an 'Options' link near the top right. Click on that, and then see what setting you have. The default setting is 'standard'. Check to see what your one says.

#5 Chris Wilde

Chris Wilde

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 30 November 2006 - 08:36 PM

Chris I don't believe that this has anything to do with the server move. Somehow you've changed your settings! As you look at a thread you should see an 'Options' link near the top right. Click on that, and then see what setting you have. The default setting is 'standard'. Check to see what your one says.

Sorted!
Don't know how that happened, but cheers Andrew!
B)
IPB Image

#6 Andrew Field

Andrew Field

Andrew

• Admin
  • 6,948 posts

Posted 03 December 2006 - 03:47 PM

Just to let you know that the forum is experiencing a few issues - sometimes posts not appearing rapidly enough. The new server has been brilliant, but there are a few tweaks that need to be done with the database to make sure it all works smoothly.

The server people are working on it - apologies if you get a double post - this is only temporary!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users