Gidz

Long-term Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 730 posts

Posted 02 December 2003 - 08:28 PM

Just a question:

Who actually uses COL?
With so much freely available material why would you use COL?

Gidz

Long Live the Network of FREER Sites

#47 Andrew Field

Andrew Field

Andrew

• Admin
  • 6,949 posts

Posted 03 December 2003 - 11:32 AM

I got an e-mail from Curricululm Online today. When it all first came out, I was automatically signed up because I'd been part of a scheme where the National Curriculum website linked to examples of materials on the web. Obviously Curriculum Online now takes its place. I'd actually done quite a bit of work linking / 'cataloging' / tagging areas of my site so was very much someone who'd helped the trial of COL-based ideas.

However, the content of the e-mail is quite interesting, especially on what Gidz posted yesterday:

Subject: SCHI: Your Curriculum Online application

Dear Mr Field

RE Your Curriculum Online application

We recently contacted you regarding your application to Curriculum Online explaining how your resources can be added to Curriculum Online through the Teacher Resource Exchange (TRE).  This is because Schools or teachers, offering free resources, are not eligible to apply to become Curriculum Online Content Providers.

Your application, with supplier ID SCHI, has been deleted from our Curriculum Online Registration database.  However if you do wish to be included on the TRE web site (or have some resources already available on TRE which you want to be considered for Curriculum Online) then please let me know by replying to this e-mail and I will put you in touch with TRE moderator

Please note that if your situation has changed and your products and/or services DO involve a charge to the end-user then you can reapply to become a Curriculum Online Content Provider at http://register.curr...umonline.gov.uk and click on ‘Submit a new application’.

Kind regards

Curriculum Online Support Team

It doesn't really change anything that I've said previously in this thread. :angry:

Generate your own versions of my games, quizzes and eLearning activities: ContentGenerator.net

#48 Nico Zijlstra

Nico Zijlstra

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 04 December 2003 - 08:20 PM

Has your school actually heard of e-learning credits? The Curriculum Online Portal says Education Authorities received the money on 7th November 2002. My school has heard nothing.

In Holland we got some money from the Grassroots-project.Grassroots
€450,-, but still... :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users