• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Kat Jory

Kat Jory

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 February 2007 - 03:13 PM

Hi, I have a student that has moved to our school and is following the AQA 3042 syllabus. She is doing paper 3 rather than coursework. We do OCR medicine and so I haven't got a clue what she is meant to be doing. The Vietnam stuff is fine as I have a good book but the other topic she is doing is 'Britains changing role in the world since 1956' which covers the Suez crisis, falklands war and gulf war. AQA don't seem to have any guidance on what books to use and I can't seem to find any books that are specific to the topic.
Any ideas would be appreciated as I am completely stuck at the moment
Thanks

#2 Dan Moorhouse

Dan Moorhouse

Six Star General

• Admin
  • 3,547 posts

Posted 19 February 2007 - 09:17 PM

You could cover the content for one of the other paper 3 options, there's still enough time. We do Vietnam and Changing role of women as Paper 3 topics. First time I've taught it but I'm lead to believe that the questions on the paper are almost exactly the same as key questions from the P3 part of the syllabus. I trust that its the same on the post '56 section as well as Vietnam and Women (past papers certainly suggest thats the case).

#3 Kat Jory

Kat Jory

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 February 2007 - 11:14 AM

Thanks for the idea, I might try and call AQA and ask if we can do a different topic with the other choices that she has done. The only reason I stuck with the Britian since 1956 was because it was what her school was meant to be covering before she left although it would probably make sense to do something that I am more comfortable with.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users