#1 MissKay

MissKay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 03 May 2007 - 09:24 AM

Hi,

I'm experimenting with video at the moment and I'm not finding Moviemaker the easiest programme to deal with... :blink: so please be patient with me!

How to I convert WMV file back to moviemaker so that I can edit it?

Thanks

:flowers:

Edited by MissKay, 03 May 2007 - 09:32 AM.

#2 Dan Moorhouse

Dan Moorhouse

Six Star General

• Admin
  • 3,546 posts

Posted 03 May 2007 - 09:51 AM

Do you still have the original moviemaker project file? (Go to file - open project and see if there's a .mswmm file there with a recognisable date / name on it) If so, open that and edit the file that way.

If not - import the .wmv file as you would any other video (file - import media). You can then chop the clip into pieces, so if you'd made a mistake in the middle bit, you could correct that segment and then stictch them all together again.

#3 MissKay

MissKay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 03 May 2007 - 09:55 AM

Do you still have the original moviemaker project file? (Go to file - open project and see if there's a .mswmm file there with a recognisable date / name on it) If so, open that and edit the file that way.

Nope - not got that.

If not - import the .wmv file as you would any other video (file - import media). You can then chop the clip into pieces, so if you'd made a mistake in the middle bit, you could correct that segment and then stictch them all together again.

...but that's working brilliantly - thanks!

Told you I was a novice... :blush:

#4 Melanie T

Melanie T

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 10 November 2008 - 08:29 PM

As another person learning and experimenting with movie maker I was wondering why the movie maker projects that I do at home and save on my hard drive do not work properly at school on the computers, I have big red crossess where the pictures were. This also happens when I create a movie project into WMV I seem to lose pics when I go back to edit or change it.
Any suggestions, what am I doing wrong?

#5 Scott Allsop

Scott Allsop

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 04 December 2008 - 11:09 AM

Hi Melanie,

The Moviemaker project file (.mswmm) only contains information that tells MovieMaker how the clips are arranged in the movie. It doesn't actually contain the clips/photos themselves. When you're working at home you're using the pictures/videos from your computer - which is why opening yoru file at school shows crosses, as the school computer doesn't have copies of these files.

You shoudl copy all teh image files you're using and copy those onto your school computer. Then, when you load the project at school, double click the red crosses and it will ask you where the video/image file is. Navigate to the appropriate directory and file and the cross will be replaced with the newly-located file.

You'll need to do the same thing in reverse when you take it home again.

Scott

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users