2 replies to this topic

#1 Helen Evans

Helen Evans

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 16 August 2007 - 03:44 PM

Hi there. I treated myself to a new PC with some of my exam marking money and knowing very little about these things simply picked one up that looked a bargain from PC World.

It has windows vista which has not been a problem except that it will not accept my printer (Lexmark Z25). I think it has something to do with drivers but can't find one for download on the internet anyway.

If anyone can help, it would be appreciated - don't fancy buying a new printer too.

#2 Carl Fazackerley

Carl Fazackerley

Long-term Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 695 posts

Posted 16 August 2007 - 05:28 PM

Try this http://www.driverspl...e.php?id=107689
"Ernest Hemingway: In order to be a great writer a person must have a built- in, shockproof - crap detector."

#3 Helen Evans

Helen Evans

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 16 August 2007 - 06:44 PM

Thanks Karl, though when you click through to the lexmark page, my specific printer doesn't appear.

I have now discovered it won't accept my U3 smart drive. I'm thinking Vista was not a good move.

In fact my wireless internet connection suddenly went down. After lots of clicking about I phoned my ISP spent 25 minbs on phone and then he told me that it was problem with the network interface card and needed to contact HP. Their helpline was closed, so I pulled out the wireless adaptor and plugged it back in again and it worked!!!!!!!!

Aaargh. It's all uncover work to make us spend more money!

Thanks anyway.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users