Downloading YouTube clips
Posted 27 September 2007 - 04:34 PM
Oakland Mills High School
Columbia, MD, USA.
"There is a forgotten, nay almost forbidden word, which means more to me than any other. That word is England." - Sir Winston Churchill
Posted 28 September 2007 - 05:38 PM
For those who are even more novice than me at this, remember if you use these downloaders that they save the youtube video in flv format, so:
1. you will need an flv player (you can get these free on the web)
2. when you download the video YOU ALSO need to rename the video, adding the '.flv' tag, otherwise they do not play, even on your flv player.
They usually save with the name 'get_video', and you need to rename them at least to 'get_video.flv'.
If you are going to use the video in Moveimaker or Pinnacle etc., then you need to save the movie in a different version (eg AVI or MPEG), because they do not recognise flv.
To do this, I have been using www.vixy.net, but it is REALLY cr*p, unstable and slow.
Has anyone found a good alternative?
Posted 29 September 2007 - 04:09 AM
Posted 30 September 2007 - 05:38 PM
1. Use LeechVideo to download the YouTube clip (you can add a "one-click" "FLV downloader" icon onto your web browser, which is really handy)
2. Play them using the Wimpy FLV Player
3. Convert them (if I need to import them into MovieMaker) using Zamzar (which converts a whole range of other files as well).
"There's an old saying about those who forget history. I don't remember it, but it's good" - Stephen Colbert
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users