• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Daisy85

Daisy85
  • Student
  • 18 posts

Posted 20 June 2004 - 11:44 AM

Hi, it's me again!

I just wanted to ask a view questions to which I can't find any answers to although I have searched my notes over and over...!

Here they are-

* What was British reaction (public opinion and Government) to the Anschluss?
* Were there any other realistic alternatives to appeasement apart from war?
* What impact did the Nazi-Soviet Pact have on Britain (public opinion and Government)?
* What was British reaction (public opinion and Governement) to the occupation of Bohemia and Moravia?

Sorry, I hope I am not asking for too much here but I'd feel more confident in my exam tomorrow if I knew the answers!!

Daisy

#2 Mrs Faithorn

Mrs Faithorn
  • Moderating Teacher
  • 2,803 posts

Posted 20 June 2004 - 03:09 PM

Sorry. Your question has been a bit overlooked today, Daisy. I hope this is not too late.

I have been looking for websites which answer your questions but there is so much in general and not a great deal on the specifics you ask about. Do you not have a decent textbook for your course? Have you tried using the Index?

I can't possibly go into great detail here (it's a book if done thoroughly!)

* What was British reaction (public opinion and Governement) to the occupation of Bohemia and Moravia?

In brief - this broke the Munich Agreement and marked the end of Appeasement.

What impact did the Nazi-Soviet Pact have on Britain (public opinion and Government)?

Just think for a minute when this was and what it meant! (and put it in the context of Britain's reluctance to negotiate seriously with Stalin earlier in July/August). This made Hitler's invasion of Poland a certainty and strengthened the resolve to oppose him.

* What was British reaction (public opinion and Government) to the Anschluss?

Variable. Some (appeasers) saw this as a 'reasonable' action (self-determination for Germans etc), whilst others saw it for what it was ie. the beginning of Hitler's expansionism.

* Were there any other realistic alternatives to appeasement apart from war?

Depends which point in time you are referring to.

This web page may be helpful

Sorry this is all a bit brief, but I suspect you know this really and are panicking a bit.

Good Luck tomorrow.

#3 Daisy85

Daisy85
  • Student
  • 18 posts

Posted 20 June 2004 - 04:22 PM

Thank you!!!

Yes, I think I was just panicking a bit but the answers were helpful, thanks.

Daisy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users