Mlk

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 hihohiho

hihohiho
  • Banned
  • 29 posts

Posted 11 July 2004 - 01:55 PM

please can you tell me very briefely what we can learn from Martin Luther King. i have an idea but want to see if i am on the right lines thanks -x- B)

#2 Mrs Faithorn

Mrs Faithorn
  • Moderating Teacher
  • 2,803 posts

Posted 11 July 2004 - 02:10 PM

OK. You say what you think so far and then we will say if you are along the right lines. ;)

#3 hihohiho

hihohiho
  • Banned
  • 29 posts

Posted 11 July 2004 - 02:13 PM

We can learn that

a. we should treat people equally

b. there are other ways to protesting than war

c. Getting power isn't just about arguing it is about expressing your point of view in different ways

Is this right? is their anything i could add? thank you -x-

#4 Mrs Faithorn

Mrs Faithorn
  • Moderating Teacher
  • 2,803 posts

Posted 11 July 2004 - 02:23 PM

That sounds good to me. Well done.

What else?

How about something on MLK's determination/never giving up when you believe that something is worth fighting for?

You might say something about courage in standing up to speak out about things you believe are wrong.

.... you could try thinking along those lines too.

MLK is a wonderful role model and there is much that we can learn from his life and what he did that is applicable in all sorts of circumstances.

#5 hihohiho

hihohiho
  • Banned
  • 29 posts

Posted 11 July 2004 - 02:29 PM

Thank You Very Very VERY much for all of your help you have given me. I am so glad this forum exsists because it has helped me so much over the last couple of months thx hihohiho :P

#6 Mrs Faithorn

Mrs Faithorn
  • Moderating Teacher
  • 2,803 posts

Posted 11 July 2004 - 02:40 PM

Thank you - on behalf of all those who have answered your questions. It's always a pleasure to help students who want to do better.

#7 MrJohnDClare

MrJohnDClare
  • Moderating Teacher & Admin
  • 5,342 posts

Posted 12 July 2004 - 05:57 PM

Here are some of the things American school children have said about Rosa Parks, the woman who refused to give up her seat in Montgomery. They might give you some ideas about things you culd say about MLK:
Rosa Parks, queen mother of the revolution. Sometimes you have to stand up for yourself.
What a great crusade she started, what an act to follow.
I look up to her as a role model for all women.
I salute her life, courage and quiet dignity. We love you Mrs. Parks.
Rosa Parks was a very brave woman, who if she had not made a stand, Blacks would still not have the right to sit in the front of the bus.
She is an example to all of what a difference one person can make.
Being a White girl, I am ashamed. I could never be prejudiced against someone different.
We must learn to stand up for what is right, even if we must go to jail.
She was right not to give up her seat. Every person is equal, whatever their race, color, or sex.

#8 hihohiho

hihohiho
  • Banned
  • 29 posts

Posted 12 July 2004 - 05:59 PM

thank you very very much for that sir. it really helps B)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users