Posted 11 July 2004 - 01:55 PM
Posted 11 July 2004 - 02:10 PM
Posted 11 July 2004 - 02:13 PM
a. we should treat people equally
b. there are other ways to protesting than war
c. Getting power isn't just about arguing it is about expressing your point of view in different ways
Is this right? is their anything i could add? thank you -x-
Posted 11 July 2004 - 02:23 PM
How about something on MLK's determination/never giving up when you believe that something is worth fighting for?
You might say something about courage in standing up to speak out about things you believe are wrong.
.... you could try thinking along those lines too.
MLK is a wonderful role model and there is much that we can learn from his life and what he did that is applicable in all sorts of circumstances.
Posted 11 July 2004 - 02:29 PM
Posted 11 July 2004 - 02:40 PM
Posted 12 July 2004 - 05:57 PM
• Rosa Parks, queen mother of the revolution. Sometimes you have to stand up for yourself.
• What a great crusade she started, what an act to follow.
• I look up to her as a role model for all women.
• I salute her life, courage and quiet dignity. We love you Mrs. Parks.
• Rosa Parks was a very brave woman, who if she had not made a stand, Blacks would still not have the right to sit in the front of the bus.
• She is an example to all of what a difference one person can make.
• Being a White girl, I am ashamed. I could never be prejudiced against someone different.
• We must learn to stand up for what is right, even if we must go to jail.
• She was right not to give up her seat. Every person is equal, whatever their race, color, or sex.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users