Indoctrination And Nazi Germany?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 kimmy

kimmy
  • Student
  • 31 posts

Posted 10 February 2005 - 07:52 PM

I missed a missed a history lesson the other day, so i photo copied the work out of a friends book, i was just reading through it when i come across the word indoctrination. We were doing about young children in nazi Germany.

i wondered if anybody could tell me what indoctrination means and maybe give me a few examples of it.

Any help you could give me would be great. Thanx alot luv Kimmy X :)

#2 Mr Field

Mr Field

Administrator

• Moderating Teacher & Admin
  • 1,391 posts

Posted 10 February 2005 - 11:34 PM

Kimmy, if you do a websearch for the word 'indoctrination' you can find the definition instantly. Also don't forget about using books - a dictionary!

In terms of Nazi Germany children were 'indoctrinated' into Nazi ideas and beliefs. The Nazis were able to 'teach' children their version of history, their racist and anti-semitic ideas - so they would grow up as Nazi believers.

This is what indoctrination was all about.

#3 kimmy

kimmy
  • Student
  • 31 posts

Posted 11 February 2005 - 06:02 PM

:D Thanx alot Mr Field i really apreciate the help :D

#4 Anna

Anna
  • Student
  • 28 posts

Posted 12 March 2005 - 08:45 PM

I really need to know the significance of the Hitler Youth.. what really was there purpose? I'm sure nothing like the scouts!? I know one particular group who were opposed to the youth groups, but are there any others?. Help appreciated :)

#5 Mr Field

Mr Field

Administrator

• 1,391 posts

Posted 13 March 2005 - 12:15 PM

The Hitler Youth were the Nazi organisation that all boys were expected to join. The basic aim was to indoctrinate young boys into being 'good Nazis' and prepare them for future combat.

You can find out about the Hitler youth at the following sites:
http://www.historyle...itler_youth.htm

The Hitler Youth was a logical extension of Hitler's belief that the future of Nazi Germany was its children. The Hitler Youth was seen as being as important to a child as school was. In the early years of the Nazi government,  Hitler had made it clear as to what he expected German children to be like:

"The weak must be chiselled away. I want young men and women who can suffer pain. A young German must be as swift as a greyhound, as tough as leather, and as hard as Krupp's steel."

Nazi education schemes part fitted in with this but Hitler wanted to occupy the minds of the young in Nazi Germany even more.

http://www.spartacus...uk/GERyouth.htm
http://en.wikipedia....ki/Hitler_Youth

#6 Anna

Anna
  • Student
  • 28 posts

Posted 13 March 2005 - 12:45 PM

Ah thanks very much, Mr Field. Was there much opposition from young people? Just of interest is there any stats to prove how many actually joined, am I right in thinking it wasn't always compulsory to join?

#7 Mr Field

Mr Field

Administrator

• 1,391 posts

Posted 13 March 2005 - 12:58 PM

Ah thanks very much, Mr Field. Was there much opposition from young people? Just of interest is there any stats to prove how many actually joined, am I right in thinking it wasn't always compulsory to join?

You can find this answer in the links that you were given. Read the first link. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users