3 replies to this topic

#1 miss_spicey65

miss_spicey65
  • Student
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 October 2002 - 06:20 PM

hi itz me again miss_spicey65
thanx u guyz 4 ur help!!

is it possible to send in my answer to law and order....- and c wat u guyz think...
or r u not aloud?
miss_spicey65

#2 Miss Boughey

Miss Boughey
  • Moderating Teacher
  • 29 posts

Posted 23 October 2002 - 06:38 PM

Speaking as a GCSE History teacher:

I would feel uncomfortable thinking that one of my students at school had sent a piece of coursework to different teachers to check it over before handing it in.

In addition, I would feel that this is slightly unethical (not allowed) as well.

This forum is useful for asking for help - but not really for checking answers.

#3 Mr Humphreys

Mr Humphreys
  • Moderating Teacher
  • 45 posts

Posted 23 October 2002 - 07:05 PM

I am afraid Miss Boughey is totally right. It is considered CHEATING for your coursework to be looked at, marked or amended by another person before it is handed in.

You could end up having your exam entry disqualified, and your teacher could get into trouble!

So - afraid not.

PS Are you submitting this by SMS or is your spelling that bad? I'd consider running a (UK English) spellcheck on your work first!

#4 Mr Field

Mr Field

Administrator

• Moderating Teacher & Admin
  • 1,390 posts

Posted 24 October 2002 - 10:30 PM

... and don't forget this board keeps a complete log of the activity on the site - who uses, when and where. Messages posted form part of the forum archive. This can be accessed by anyone with permission - thus if your examination board suspected you were asking to cheat, posts on this board could legitimately be used as evidence.

Good you were just asking and that you now understand.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users