• This topic is locked This topic is locked
69 replies to this topic

#1 Ice

Ice
  • Student
  • 8 posts
  • Interests:Im a history Lover!

Posted 08 April 2003 - 09:28 PM

Seeing as though there isn't an introductions forum, I will tell you a bit about myself here. I'm in Yr 9. I love History, one day I want to become a History teacher. I come from Manchester, UK. I have all the main messengers, so anyone please chat to me, I dont have many people who I can chat to about history. :rolleyes: (all my mates thinks its sad!)
I am definitely going to take GCSE History, but what does it entail? Our school doesn't do coursework, which is bad for me , as I'm not good in exams, but I am normally quite confident in History exams, as I have never got below 90% in tests.

#2 megan

megan
  • Student
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 April 2003 - 10:06 PM

I agree with ya mate ;) :ph34r:

#3 sprite

sprite
  • Student
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 April 2003 - 04:38 PM

hi my real name is Iain, i'm 15 i, live in kent i'm in yr10 doin g.c.s.e history at the moment. History is kool :D nearly all of my m8s think history is sad and boring to which is deffinately not true. Taking the G.C.S.E in history was one of my best choices even though it is alot of work!!!!!!! It depends what your teacher chooses for you to what the G.C.S.E involves. so far i have done the cold war(Stalin,Khruschev,and their reins of terror then bout how gorbachev and breznev turned things around excuse the spelling pls). i have just finished studying the vietnam war very interesting all about the vietcong and thier tactics (guerilla warfare)among other aspects of the war. It is a gr8 choice and i would recomend it to anyone

#4 angel_delight

angel_delight
  • Student
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 April 2003 - 04:18 PM

Hiya i am in year 11 and have been studying GCSE History, i have my exams coming up soon. GCSE history is really good. I have studyed Medicine through time, which i did in year 10, looking at how medicine has changed through time inc. Roman empire, Egyptian etc. and i have just finished looking at germany, Rise of Hitler, Weimar Republic, how Nazis kept control(propaganda, carrot and stick policy) i have also been luck to have one of the best teachers ever who puts history across in a fun and exiting way. GCSE history is well worth studying. B)

Edited by angel_delight, 18 April 2003 - 04:22 PM.

#5 Jetdude

Jetdude
  • Student
  • 2 posts
  • Interests:I love football, i am a season ticket holder at AFC Bournemouth and i am celebrating our fantastic promotion back to Division 2. I am also an active football referee and i play the Euphonium in a brass band.

Posted 09 June 2003 - 09:00 PM

I've got my GCSE History exam 2morrow and i'd just like 2 say that it has been a really good course, i would reccomend doing it to anyone in year 9 thinking about options. To get the most out of the course you really do need a good teacher. I did Elizabeth and Medicine, they were both really interesting and good fun to study.

Good Luck to everyone taking xams @ the mo

#6 Mr Field

Mr Field

Administrator

• Moderating Teacher & Admin
  • 1,390 posts

Posted 09 June 2003 - 09:20 PM

Excellent - good luck in your exam! ;)

#7 amez

amez
  • Student
  • 20 posts

Posted 12 June 2003 - 03:55 PM

Hey all,
I'm new here. I've got my history exam as well tomorrow. Ive studied the American West and Medicine Through Time. The american west is really interesting to study :) . Gud luck everyone! :warning:

#8 -James-

-James-
  • Student
  • 56 posts
  • Interests:History.<br />Tennis,<br />Squash,<br />Internet,<br />Coin Collecting/Research,<br />Football (Soccer),<br />Music.

Posted 25 February 2004 - 08:41 PM

Hi, my name is James, and Im in Year 10. I am currently learning about Medicine, and I do the Social and Economic course <_< . I have always been fascinated by history, and I always enjoy the lessons. My Mocks are coming up soon *panics*, but I've been revising a lot so I should do fine. After my GCSEs, I plan to take history A Levels, and then if I do well hopefully I can study history at University. This is a great website, and keep up good work Mr Field!

Good luck to everyone in their exams! :)

#9 wolfspirit2004

wolfspirit2004
  • Student
  • 15 posts

Posted 26 February 2004 - 06:50 PM

Hi, I'm Helen, an 11th year from Newcastle, and I absolutely adore history. I've always loved it, and I hope to be a history teacher in the future so I can educate students about the subject I enjoy, but give them a laugh too, as personally I think that would be the best way to learn.

A lot of people think that history is a pathetic subject to be interested in, and often laugh about it, but I have to disagree, as I think that most other people in here would agree.

What are other people's favourite parts of history? Does anyone love more modern history, or a type of ancient history, like the Greeks, Egyptians or Romans? I just wanted to know, thanks.

#10 -James-

-James-
  • Student
  • 56 posts
  • Interests:History.<br />Tennis,<br />Squash,<br />Internet,<br />Coin Collecting/Research,<br />Football (Soccer),<br />Music.

Posted 26 February 2004 - 06:58 PM

What are other people's favourite parts of history? Does anyone love more modern history, or a type of ancient history, like the Greeks, Egyptians or Romans? I just wanted to know, thanks.

I have always been interested in WW1, WW2 (Especially Nazi Getmany) and the Cold War. :)

#11 wolfspirit2004

wolfspirit2004
  • Student
  • 15 posts

Posted 26 February 2004 - 07:02 PM

Really? Have you always loved history, or is there a reason? Like, someone your family in the army, or something like that?

#12 lex

lex
  • Student
  • 95 posts

Posted 26 February 2004 - 07:05 PM

Hi - I'm Alex (a SHE, not a HE) in Year 11. I'm from Manhattan, NYC but live in London.

When I was in the French Section of my school, I hated History. It was always the same and I dreaded each lesson.

I then switched to the British Section, and my whole opinion of History changed. We were/are studying Modern World History and it's the best. At the end of the last school year, we had to make our choices of which subjects to drop for GCSE, most people dropped History. We are only 37 doing it in the year (French Section excluded). I honestly don't see why they bother living. lol

I'm fascinated by Ancient History, but it's the Modern World "Stuff" that does it for me.

I really want to keep History for AS in September, but I'm slightly worried, because you need lots of knowledge of Hisotory, and for some reason I have none. I only know what I am taught in class. It's only since the beginning of this year that I have started doing some background reading, but limited, since the pressure is on this year. Anyone else feel the same?

I hope I'll be able to keep it, but I don't want to get in over my head since we have to take 5 AS rather than 4. Any advice anyone?

What are you views?

History is the cat's pyjamas! :lol:

Edited by lex, 26 February 2004 - 07:06 PM.

#13 -James-

-James-
  • Student
  • 56 posts

Posted 26 February 2004 - 07:06 PM

I dont think there is any perticular reason :unsure:. I've always been interested in history, and Im basically just fascinated by most aspects of history (especially the periods I mentioned).

What periods of history are you interested in?

#14 lex

lex
  • Student
  • 95 posts

Posted 26 February 2004 - 07:06 PM

YAY! James! I agree!

#15 wolfspirit2004

wolfspirit2004
  • Student
  • 15 posts

Posted 26 February 2004 - 07:09 PM

Hi James.

I love the modern history that I'm learning about now, but I've always been interested in ancient Egypt for some strange reason.

Are you going to get a career in History in the future?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users