• 10 posts

Posted 21 May 2003 - 05:35 PM

I was wondering if you know any websites on them as im very stuck for info

#2 Mrs Faithorn

Mrs Faithorn
  • Moderating Teacher
  • 2,803 posts

Posted 21 May 2003 - 08:25 PM

If all you want at this stage is very basic information about who the cavaliers and the roundheads were then this simple worksheet will be helpful. You need Acrobat Reader on your computer to read it though.

This site on the English Civil Wars will be particularly useful to you for the topic if you are just starting work on the English Civil Wars and this page is good on who exactly the Cavaliers and the Roundheads were. However, you should note 'chevalier' means 'horseman', not 'horse'.

For further research there is a good page of annotated links to information on the English Civil Wars here on the School History site of which this HistoryHelp Forum is a part. I suggest you look at those.

Edited by Mr. D. Bryant, 22 January 2012 - 08:36 PM.
Change 'dead' link.

#3 kenzie30

kenzie30
  • Student
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 June 2003 - 07:43 PM

does any 1 no why the roundheads beat the cavaliers (and i don't wont an answer that's because they beat the cavaliers).

#4 Mr S Drew

Mr S Drew
  • Moderating Teacher & Admin
  • 86 posts

Posted 12 June 2003 - 12:04 AM

Kenzie30,

If you rephrase your question we will try and answer it.

At the moment it is not really clear, and the part in the brackets reads as very rude.

I am sure that is not your intention, and we would be happy to answer your query and help you out, but before we do so we would like you to repost your question in a clearer form.

Thank you.

#5 Olivia10

Olivia10
  • Student
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 10:39 AM

Hi! Im doing this project about the civil war. One of the quetions I have to answer is why did some people support the King and others support Parliament? Does anyone know any good websites where I could find some detailed but easy to understand information about the reasons the king was popular wit some people and the parliament with others.
Thanks.

#6 Mr. D. Bryant

Mr. D. Bryant
  • 1,083 posts
  • Interests:History teacher, with special interest in military history.

Posted 02 January 2012 - 05:35 PM

Hi! Im doing this project about the civil war. One of the quetions I have to answer is why did some people support the King and others support Parliament? Does anyone know any good websites where I could find some detailed but easy to understand information about the reasons the king was popular wit some people and the parliament with others.
Thanks.

Welcome to the Forum.

This is an interesting question. There is lots about the run-up to the English Civil War on the forum, so a forum search might be helpful. The History Learning Site is usually a good place to start; have a look at this page on the Stuarts and scroll down to the section on Charles I and politics, then read some of the other pages. These should give you some clues. The page on the Five Members from the Spartacus Schoolnet site should also be useful.

Please note, these sources won't necessarily explain the question you want answered, but they will give reasons why people were opposed to either the King or Parliament. Have a look at them and then get back to us if you have any more questions.

#7 MrJohnDClare

MrJohnDClare
  • 5,342 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 10:25 AM

There is a new english civil war site here.

#8 Mr. D. Bryant

Mr. D. Bryant
  • 1,083 posts
  • Interests:History teacher, with special interest in military history.

Posted 22 January 2012 - 08:33 PM

does any 1 no why the roundheads beat the cavaliers (and i don't wont an answer that's because they beat the cavaliers).

Just to update this a little.

There is a thread about this on the forum here and another one here.

If you do a forum search you will find there is lots of information on the English Civil War, including details of websites. For example, there is a new website here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users