Source Questions In Igcse History Paper 2

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 herofactor3

herofactor3
  • Student
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 October 2007 - 07:16 AM

Can anyone please tell me or give me some advice of how to successfully and efficiently address source based questions that features in Paper 2 and Paper 4 of the IGCSE History papers? Help please.......

#2 MrJohnDClare

MrJohnDClare
  • Moderating Teacher & Admin
  • 5,339 posts

Posted 28 October 2007 - 01:18 PM

There is some general advice on answering Source questions on this webpage, but I am afraid that I do not know about IGCSE specifically. :blush:

Some of the teachers on the History Teachers' Forum do IGCSE, so I will ask there if any of them can help you.

#3 MrJohnDClare

MrJohnDClare
  • 5,339 posts

Posted 14 November 2007 - 09:14 PM

Sorry that no one seems to have been able to answer your question - all I can suggest is that you collar your teacher and get him/her to explain to you.

#4 samfacta

samfacta
  • Student
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 April 2009 - 03:46 PM

As a home educating teacher, living abroad, I use the Internet frequently for help. My daughter is sitting her IGCSEs this summer, and I have needed help on the Paper 2 sourcework exam too.
Try the activehistory.co.uk site, as I just found a paper on mark schemes and sample answers. It gives ideas on how to tackle the questions, based on the word prompts. Mr Allsop's revision podcast on Paper 2 is also very useful, as it gives sensible ideas and seemed to calm my daughter.
Good luck

#5 MrJohnDClare

MrJohnDClare
  • 5,339 posts

Posted 20 April 2009 - 11:02 PM

Thanks for that - the revision podcast is very useful.

Active History is a subscription website, isn't it? Do you have an address (URL) for the paper on mark schemes and sample answers that you found?

#6 mrallsop

mrallsop
  • Student
  • 7 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 06:01 AM

Active History is a subscription website, isn't it? Do you have an address (URL) for the paper on mark schemes and sample answers that you found?

Yes, the Spanish Civil War content on ActiveHistory is subscription only - the direct link to the topic materials is here but you need to have a subscription to download the materials.

I'm glad that people have found my podcast on IGCSE Paper 2 techniques helpful :) I've got other podcasts with more specific source question tips at www.mrallsophistory.com, which works well alongside the excellent advice in the "How to do sourcework" guide at www.johndclare.net.

#7 Choffa

Choffa
  • Student
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 04:38 PM

Yes, the Spanish Civil War content on ActiveHistory is subscription only - the direct link to the topic materials is here but you need to have a subscription to download the materials.

I'm glad that people have found my podcast on IGCSE Paper 2 techniques helpful :) I've got other podcasts with more specific source question tips at www.mrallsophistory.com, which works well alongside the excellent advice in the "How to do sourcework" guide at www.johndclare.net.

Mr Allsop! Hi, my history teacher has recomended our class your podcasts, and I have been listening to them. Thank you so much! I had just sat for paper 2 on the Spanish Civil War, and your podcasts have been very helpful!!
Thanks again! :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users