• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 RedRevolver

RedRevolver
  • Student
  • 22 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 09:50 PM

Hey,

I'm on an extremely long summer break (3 and a half months) and am trying to find books to help me read around A2. However, looking for a Kaiser to Fuhrer textbook, Edexcel do not release their official until next year and Access to History until September, by which time is a little on the late side.

In terms of Euro International Relations, I have the coursewor option sheet photocopied by my teacher in which I think I'm going to read (Farmer A. An Introduction to Modern European History, 1890-1990 (Hodder Murray, Access to History, Context 2000)) but anything a little more concise would be muchly appreciated.

Further, is this Coursework book appropriate for 2009 new spec History students?

Thank you! :D

#2 MrJohnDClare

MrJohnDClare
  • Moderating Teacher & Admin
  • 5,339 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 10:22 PM

In terms of Euro International Relations, I have the coursewor option sheet photocopied by my teacher in which I think I'm going to read (Farmer A. An Introduction to Modern European History, 1890-1990 (Hodder Murray, Access to History, Context 2000)) but anything a little more concise would be muchly appreciated.

Hmmm. Are you talking about Option E War and Peace: Twentieth Century International Relations; E 1 The World in Crisis 1879-1941? For both this and also module D1 (Kaiser to Fuhrer) have you realised that there is a very full bibliography published by Edexcel here.

Further, is this Coursework book appropriate for 2009 new spec History students?

The blurb says that it is 'a new series for Edexcel’s new exam specification for 2008', so I think that means the answer is 'yes'.

#3 Mr Richards

Mr Richards
  • Student
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 09:23 AM

Although edexcels book will not be published until October they have released sample chapters (1-4) on their website. The links to which are below. Hopefully that should keep you going until October :)

http://community.ede.../entry1262.aspx (1-3)

http://community.ede.../entry1262.aspx (4)

Mr Richards

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users