Horrible Histories, Tudors And Romans

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 borte

borte
  • Student
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 September 2009 - 10:33 AM

Hello everyone, I work for a games company that have just created an online adventure game; Horrible Histories, Terrible Treasures. The game is based on the Horrible Histories books and is a fun way to learn some interesting and gory stuff about the past. At the moment there are two episodes which focus on the Tudors and Romans. I thought I'd let you students know as this is definitely more fun than filling out worksheets! Here is a description and link, have fun ;)

'Based on the CBBC show, Horrible Histories, Terrible Treasures is an Interactive adventure which makes history fun. Through humor and games you will learn gory and grisly facts about the past as you explore spooky Tudor dungeons, steamy Roman baths and the dirty time sewers where your guide, the Rat, lives. In each episode of the game you must explore a different period of history and help the Rat find his missing pieces of treasure map. Mary, King Henry the 8th’s personal servant, will refuse to help you until she is brought a bowl of fresh worms with which to treat the King’s feet. Marcus the Wannabe Roman gladiator will not co-operate until you can find him a sword. Along the way you will play games, discover facts and find the important map pieces that lead to the secret treasure.'

http://www.bbc.co.uk...ries/game.shtml

#2 Cyfer

Cyfer
  • Student
  • 322 posts

Posted 11 September 2009 - 06:25 PM

Hello everyone, I work for a games company that have just created an online adventure game; Horrible Histories, Terrible Treasures. The game is based on the Horrible Histories books and is a fun way to learn some interesting and gory stuff about the past. At the moment there are two episodes which focus on the Tudors and Romans. I thought I'd let you students know as this is definitely more fun than filling out worksheets! Here is a description and link, have fun ;)

'Based on the CBBC show, Horrible Histories, Terrible Treasures is an Interactive adventure which makes history fun. Through humor and games you will learn gory and grisly facts about the past as you explore spooky Tudor dungeons, steamy Roman baths and the dirty time sewers where your guide, the Rat, lives. In each episode of the game you must explore a different period of history and help the Rat find his missing pieces of treasure map. Mary, King Henry the 8th’s personal servant, will refuse to help you until she is brought a bowl of fresh worms with which to treat the King’s feet. Marcus the Wannabe Roman gladiator will not co-operate until you can find him a sword. Along the way you will play games, discover facts and find the important map pieces that lead to the secret treasure.'

http://www.bbc.co.uk...ries/game.shtml

i can see how this could appeal to others but for me it is too childish.

By the way is borte your real name/alias or did you name yourself after Genghis Khan's first partner?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users