Photo

Why Did The American War Of Independence Break Out?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 1234567910

• Student
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 August 2010 - 03:31 PM

hello,I was given homework to write a report on;
- why the american war of independence broke out
- what happened during the war
- the impact of the war on both Britain and France.

i am struggling with this report, i have done some research on the internet, however i havent come across a site which has explained it clearly :( . I appreciate any help, thanks :D

#2 Mr. D. Bryant

Mr. D. Bryant
  • Moderating Teacher & Admin
  • 1,037 posts
  • Interests:History teacher, with special interest in military history.

Posted 14 August 2010 - 05:59 PM

hello,I was given homework to write a report on;
- why the american war of independence broke out
- what happened during the war
- the impact of the war on both Britain and France.
i am struggling with this report, i have done some research on the internet, however i havent come across a site which has explained it clearly :( . I appreciate any help, thanks :D

Hmm... that's quite a lot to put in one report. How long does it have to be?

To start you off there are some useful pages on the BBC History site here and here. They should help with your first two questions and it might be worth having a look at other relevant pages from this section of the BBC site. I suspect that there is a lot more material on American sites as this is something which is much more central to their school curriculum.

However, I think that you might have more success by using your local public library. Either looking for books on the American War of Independence, or more general histories of the later eighteenth century which should be of more help with the last question. For example, 'Redcoats and Rebels' by Hugh Bicheno and Richard Holmes has recently been reprinted in paperback. Jeremy Black's 'War for America' is another recent history although there are many others. Remember, you can order books from other libraries in the network for a small charge.

I hope that this gives you some useful ideas. Good luck.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users