Photo

Did England Become Protestant In The 16Th Century?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 lollypop

lollypop
  • Student
  • 8 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 07:32 PM

I am stuck on my year 8 assesment on whether England bacame protestant and I know some facts but not that many.my history teacher says we have to be: analytic????????????

My target is a level six/seven and I have to analyse the reasons and results of events?? and asses the significace of events?? :huh:
We have to do a bit on each of the monarchs(tudors)and look at the religious changes during thier reign
I don't get it!!! :( PLZ HELP

Edited by lollypop, 30 October 2011 - 09:05 PM.

#2 Mr. D. Bryant

Mr. D. Bryant
  • Moderating Teacher & Admin
  • 1,068 posts
  • Interests:History teacher, with special interest in military history.

Posted 30 October 2011 - 09:03 PM

I am a bit stuck and I know some facts but my history teacher says we have to be: analytic????????????

My target is a level six and I have to analyse the reasons and results of events?? and asses the significace of events?? :huh:

I don't get it!!! :( PLZ HELP

Welcome to the Forum. Analytical means your teacher wants you to explain things in your essay. So for example, instead of just writing about what happened when the monasteries were dissolved (closed down), you would need to explain why Henry decided to close down the monasteries.

Reasons for events is why things happen (sometimes know an 'causation'). Results ('consequences') are what happens because of events or decisions.

Hope that this helps explain things. If you do a search on the forum for 'reformation' or 'protestant' then I tyhink you'll find a lot of material to help you.

Let us know if you need more help.

#3 lollypop

lollypop
  • Student
  • 8 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 09:07 PM

Thanks a lot that does help

#4 Mr. D. Bryant

Mr. D. Bryant
  • Moderating Teacher & Admin
  • 1,068 posts
  • Interests:History teacher, with special interest in military history.

Posted 30 October 2011 - 09:24 PM

Thanks a lot that does help

That's good news. Don't worry if you find it difficult at first; explanation can be a difficult skill to master, even for GCSE or A-Level students. Good luck with your essay.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users