Different Slave Experience

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Beth9899

Beth9899
  • Student
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 11:32 PM

Hello. Im new to this website, i was looking around trying to find some diary entrys from slaves after being bought in the slave trade and this website looks very helpful :)

My task: Make a powerpoint or leaflet about diverse (different) slave experiences.eg: young v old, Male v Female, i was going to try to find so females and males diary enterys and show the differences, but im finding it tricky to find even one diary entry! i know they couldnt really do diary entrys beacuse they had no education but my teacher told us we should be able to find a few...

if i could had a link maybe to show me some diary entrys i could use.

Thanks! :)

#2 Mr. D. Bryant

Mr. D. Bryant
  • Moderating Teacher & Admin
  • 1,084 posts
  • Interests:History teacher, with special interest in military history.

Posted 19 November 2011 - 09:58 AM

Welcome to the Forum.

Absolutely excellent that you are going to go back to the original sources to find your information: well done.

If you do a forum search on 'slavery' you will find that this question has been looked at before. For example, this thread contains links to evidence about slavery. Hopwever, the excellent Spartacus Schoolnet site has an index to a large number of slave accounts here which may be the best place to start. Have a look and get back to us if you need more help.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users