• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Foley

Foley
  • Student
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 02:50 PM

Hello,

I am doing a practice paper at home and am very stuck on a 12 mark question. The question is: Explain why international tension increased in Europe in the period from Hitler's takeover of Czechoslovakia to his invasion of Poland.

So far i've put that other countries now knew how powerful hitler and germany were, and i have put that Britain and other countries were not helping to stop Hitler and now i am stuck :huh:

#2 Mr. D. Bryant

Mr. D. Bryant
  • Moderating Teacher & Admin
  • 1,068 posts
  • Interests:History teacher, with special interest in military history.

Posted 11 December 2011 - 04:14 PM

Hello,

I am doing a practice paper at home and am very stuck on a 12 mark question. The question is: Explain why international tension increased in Europe in the period from Hitler's takeover of Czechoslovakia to his invasion of Poland.

So far i've put that other countries now knew how powerful hitler and germany were, and i have put that Britain and other countries were not helping to stop Hitler and now i am stuck :huh:

Welcome to the Forum.

A very good place to start is Mr. Clare's excellent website. It includes a section on the 'Road to WWII' and I think you will find this page (and the link on it) useful. Think about what Germany was planning to do next, what measures Britain and France were taking and what other countries (one large, powerful country in particular) were doing.

Hope that this helps.

#3 Foley

Foley
  • Student
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 06:50 PM

Thanks, I will take a look at that website.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users