World Civilization

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 diva2009

diva2009
  • Student
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 02:07 AM

Define the Enlightenment. Is it best seen as a single movement or as a series of related movements? What was the relationship of the Enlightenment to the New Science? How did the Enlightenment further the idea of progress and the superiority of European civilization?

#2 Mr. D. Bryant

Mr. D. Bryant
  • Moderating Teacher & Admin
  • 1,078 posts
  • Interests:History teacher, with special interest in military history.

Posted 06 January 2012 - 07:21 AM

Define the Enlightenment. Is it best seen as a single movement or as a series of related movements? What was the relationship of the Enlightenment to the New Science? How did the Enlightenment further the idea of progress and the superiority of European civilization?

Welcome to the Forum.

Well, that's quite a big question. May I ask what course you are studying? This may help us answer you. We will have a dig around and get back to you soon.

#3 Mr. D. Bryant

Mr. D. Bryant
  • 1,078 posts
  • Interests:History teacher, with special interest in military history.

Posted 09 January 2012 - 12:00 AM

Not having much luck with this so far, I'm afraid. However, I will try and give you some ideas tomorrow as to where to look. Apologies for the delay.

#4 MrJohnDClare

MrJohnDClare
  • 5,342 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 12:11 AM

Ouch!

I can remember LOVING this subject 40+ years ago at A-level - I devoured a great book by Norman Hampson, but I'm sure that will be old-hat now!

Mr Bryant is correct; it will be very difficult to advise unless you can tell us the exam/ board/ specification.

Your studies HAVE to begin with your textbook; then worth a google on google-books.
http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=Enlightenment+%22New+Science%22&btnG=Search+Books&tbm=bks&tbo=1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users