Greek And The Romans?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ashleyfoster1134

ashleyfoster1134
  • Student
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 06:03 PM

the Greek and Roman legacies to the modern world include contributions to modern law and government. how does the modern law and government have been influenced by classical Greece and Rome.
what are two examples from the Greeks and two examples from the Romans.

#2 Mr. D. Bryant

Mr. D. Bryant
  • Moderating Teacher & Admin
  • 1,083 posts
  • Interests:History teacher, with special interest in military history.

Posted 12 January 2012 - 07:26 PM

the Greek and Roman legacies to the modern world include contributions to modern law and government. how does the modern law and government have been influenced by classical Greece and Rome.
what are two examples from the Greeks and two examples from the Romans.

Welcome to the Forum

To save you time in future, please note (as mentioned on the Forum's home page) that all posts are 'queued' for approval before they become visible. So, there's no need to do multiple posts (so I have removed them). Also, as the teachers on this site do the work because they enjoy it, rather than because they are paid, there may be a slight delay in your post becoming visible.

So, what you are asking (I think you were asking) is examples of the Greek and Roman legacy in modern law and government. If you do a websearch for 'Ancient Greek legacy' or 'Ancient Roman legacy' you will find hundreds of thousands of results. That's part of the problem; how do find what nyou are looking for?

So, a few hints to follow up: Greek democracy, Roman republic, trial by jury (from Greece). Roman Law hasn't influenced English law that much but the relevant Wikipedia article on Roman Law includes a section on 'Legacy'.

I hope that this is helpful.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users