History Controlled Assessment

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 nathank

nathank
  • Student
  • 9 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 09:31 PM

Hi im wondering how im going to structure my controlled assessment OCR history it starts tomorrow so im in a bit of a rush?

#2 Mr. D. Bryant

Mr. D. Bryant
  • Moderating Teacher & Admin
  • 1,068 posts
  • Interests:History teacher, with special interest in military history.

Posted 15 January 2012 - 10:06 PM

Hi im wondering how im going to structure my controlled assessment OCR history it starts tomorrow so im in a bit of a rush?

Welcome to the Forum.

I don't know if we can help you very much, I'm afraid. We're not really allowed to give much help with any coursework or controlled assessment, esepcially under the new rules. Furthermore, unlike GCSE written examinations, there is no mark scheme available on the internet.

Do you mean that you are about to start writing up your C.A., or at the very beginning? Either way, your teacher should explain carefully what you will have to do. If you are still unsure, ask again until you are.

My apologies if this seems unhelpful.

#3 MrJohnDClare

MrJohnDClare
  • 5,342 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 01:24 AM

I'm sorry, nathank, but as this is your CA I think we should better keep out of it.
It's not just that if we help it might be regarded as cheating.
But also, by interfering in what your own teacher is doing, we might mess it up for you.
So we won't be helping you on this.

Sorry - we do genuinely wish you well.

#4 Cyfer

Cyfer
  • Student
  • 322 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 12:49 AM

It's an 8 hour exam so it should be a doddle for you if you came prepared :)

Just remember not to go over the word limit and you NEED to fulfil the basic points your teacher taught you.

What topic are you studying? Mine was on the Russian Revolution (I won't mention the exact title, I'm not sure if it's allowed).

#5 Gouri

Gouri
  • Student
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 11:23 PM

Hi, I'm starting to do my control assessment as well and I'm really confused on the enquiry essay.

I know that you can't really tell me about what to write or anything but I was hoping you could tell me what sort of plan I should do. I read through the Edexcel site and to be honest that confused more.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Gouri 

#6 Mr Podesta

Mr Podesta
  • 212 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 10:00 PM

Hi there, I'm really sorry that I can't help you with a plan either.  You need to talk to your teacher, as they will be able to help you without risking breaking the rules.  We do have to be quite strict about Controlled Assessment.

Mr P.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users