• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 mumonamission

mumonamission
  • Student
  • 20 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 04:51 PM

Hi,
Does anyone know of any good websites, speeches, documentaries on this subject. My son has exhausted books supplied by school and several we have ordered on the internet. Looking for an alternative format to gain further insight into this topic. Any help much appreciated even if to point us toward somewhere to search. many thanks

#2 Mr. D. Bryant

Mr. D. Bryant
  • Moderating Teacher & Admin
  • 1,070 posts
  • Interests:History teacher, with special interest in military history.

Posted 19 February 2012 - 10:08 PM

Hi,
Does anyone know of any good websites, speeches, documentaries on this subject. My son has exhausted books supplied by school and several we have ordered on the internet. Looking for an alternative format to gain further insight into this topic. Any help much appreciated even if to point us toward somewhere to search. many thanks

I have a terrible feeling that you have asked about this before and it got a bit lost (yes, you did, I have just checked). Sorry.

This is really far out of my comfort zone; I will put out an appeal.

#3 MrJohnDClare

MrJohnDClare
  • Moderating Teacher & Admin
  • 5,342 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 11:44 PM

Mr Bryant is right - neither of us know anything about this.
We will ask on the History Teachers' Discussion Forum to see if there is anyone there who is able to help.

If you look back in a couple of days, I will post here if there jas been any response.
Sorry.

Is this any use?

#4 mumonamission

mumonamission
  • Student
  • 20 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 07:42 AM

Apologies! Of course I had asked on the forum before it is always our first stop when struggling. Honestly we have spent hours and hours this week trawling the net. We have checked out uni sites to see if there has been any lectures on the subject, we have checked archives of TV companies. We have looked at American history websites to try and find something. As I said we have found several books which have been helpful but really my son wanted to look at alternative sources as well. Mr Clare thanks for link he will check this out and thanks to you both for trying to help. Somewhere there is the info out there, he just has to find it!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users