Attitudes Towards Jews After Kristallnacht

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 poland first to fight

poland first to fight
  • Student
  • 70 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 06:45 PM

We are currently doing our coursework in history on the significance of the events of kristallnacht. I got a solid grasp of the topic and I've made my question-"How much did the attitudes of Germans and their government towards Jews changed after the events of kristallnacht?". However I struggled with finding some quotations of what people living in Germany at the time thought about the amount of changes in terms of attitudes towards Jews. Can someone help me in finding some first hand (opinions of modern day historians might be useful as well) quotes on the matter? Generally any additional quotes on kristallnacht would be helpful. Thank you in advance.

#2 Mr. D. Bryant

Mr. D. Bryant
  • Moderating Teacher & Admin
  • 1,084 posts
  • Interests:History teacher, with special interest in military history.

Posted 19 February 2012 - 10:14 PM

We are very limited on the help we can give on coursework.

However, I think we can point you in the right direction. The Spartacus Schoolnet site is always good for quotes. Have a look at the page on Kristallnacht.

Make sure you list this website and the Spartacus one in your bibliography.

#3 poland first to fight

poland first to fight
  • Student
  • 70 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 11:49 PM

Ok, a big thank you anyways. The spartacus web will probably be sufficient to pair up with the evidence I gathered already. I shall also include the biography, no worries about that.

Just a little question. When writing the bibliography should I write the name (who, when, how?) of the person that the quote comes from, the website that I found it at or maybe both? It will be quite tough to include the bibliography. Hope I will not run out of time! I shall fight (write) to the last drop of blood (last minute)! :angry:

I dont have the coursework tomorrow. (Just wrote it not to look like irresponsible student. I wouldnt be so foolish to do the work on the very, very last moment)

#4 MrJohnDClare

MrJohnDClare
  • Moderating Teacher & Admin
  • 5,342 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 12:11 AM

Ok, a big thank you anyways. The spartacus web will probably be sufficient to pair up with the evidence I gathered already. I shall also include the biography, no worries about that.

Just a little question. When writing the bibliography should I write the name (who, when, how?) of the person that the quote comes from, the website that I found it at or maybe both? It will be quite tough to include the bibliography. Hope I will not run out of time! I shall fight (write) to the last drop of blood (last minute)! :angry:

I dont have the coursework tomorrow. (Just wrote it not to look like irresponsible student. I wouldnt be so foolish to do the work on the very, very last moment)

There is a protocol for references called the Harvard System which you might care to look into.

I advise pupils to follow the following system:

To cite this website as a reference, use the following format: CLARE, JOHN D. (2002/2010),Greenfield History Site (http://www.johndclare.net)

Unless specified on the page, to cite a specific page that is ŠJohn D Clare, use: CLARE, JOHN D. (2002/2010), 'Title Of Page', at Greenfield History Site ([exact URL]).

which is for citing my website, but which you could adapt to other materials/websites

#5 Cyfer

Cyfer
  • Student
  • 322 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 04:17 PM

I would recommend footnotes at the bottom of each page.
Press control+alt+F to automatically make a footnote in word (do that sequence after a word to make a superscript number and a footnote) and then just cite it there.

It looks far more organised than simply jamming everything at the end, and it shows specific quote sources, note just having to vaguely guess which source pertains to which quote.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users