• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 raynman

raynman
  • Student
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 08:03 PM

Hello everyone,

I need some help with Edexcel A2 History exam technique. More specifically, I'm struggling with the 40 mark source-based questions. The topic I'm studying is the English Civil War with the questions being in the following format:

Use Sources 7, 8 and 9 and your own knowledge.
‘Side-taking in 1642 was not determined by class.’
How far do you agree with this view?
Explain your answer, using Sources 7, 8 and 9 and your own knowledge of the issues related to this controversy.

Any help would be much appreciated!

#2 Mr. D. Bryant

Mr. D. Bryant
  • Moderating Teacher & Admin
  • 1,068 posts
  • Interests:History teacher, with special interest in military history.

Posted 21 February 2012 - 08:26 PM

Hello everyone,

I need some help with Edexcel A2 History exam technique. More specifically, I'm struggling with the 40 mark source-based questions. The topic I'm studying is the English Civil War with the questions being in the following format:

Explain your answer, using Sources 7, 8 and 9 and your own knowledge of the issues related to this controversy.

Welcome to the Forum.

As a first step, have you looked at the relevant mark scheme? It's available via this thread. When you have, or as soon as you see this if you're already familiar with it, get back to us and we will see what we can do.

#3 raynman

raynman
  • Student
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 01:07 PM

Hello everyone,

Welcome to the Forum.

As a first step, have you looked at the relevant mark scheme? It's available via this thread. When you have, or as soon as you see this if you're already familiar with it, get back to us and we will see what we can do.

Thanks for the reply!

I am familiar with the mark scheme, yes. Just finding it difficult to actually put it into practice.

#4 Mr. D. Bryant

Mr. D. Bryant
  • Moderating Teacher & Admin
  • 1,068 posts
  • Interests:History teacher, with special interest in military history.

Posted 22 February 2012 - 10:51 PM

Thanks for the reply!

I am familiar with the mark scheme, yes. Just finding it difficult to actually put it into practice.

Let us know what sort of problems you are having and we will see what we can do to help. I will remind myself of what they are looking for and get backto you if I have any useful tips.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users