Liberal Reforms Historiography?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Louise-xx

Louise-xx
  • Student
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 07:06 PM

It's a little more than a week until i have to sit down and write my extended essay for my Higher History.
I have two questions:

1) Does it HAVE to be 2000 words long? I can only write - roughly - 1850.

2) I am really struggling with historiography. Do i need one quote for each paragraph?
My essay question is:

To what extent were the Labour Reforms of 1906-1914 a response to the threat from the Labour Party?

I have quote a quote from D. Fraser for my Booth and Rowntree line of argument and a Winston Churchill quote to support New Liberalism. However, I'm at a loss where National Security, National Efficency and Political Pragmatism (Labour Party) are concerned. I have my essay all written i just need to factor in the historiography.

Any help would be much appreciated.

#2 Mr. D. Bryant

Mr. D. Bryant
  • Moderating Teacher & Admin
  • 1,078 posts
  • Interests:History teacher, with special interest in military history.

Posted 12 March 2012 - 10:18 AM

Welcome to the Forum.

We are very limited with the help we can give on extended essays. However, I will see if we can give you some advice, once I have consulted our expert on the Scottish curriculum.

#3 littlemissy

littlemissy
  • Teacher
  • 60 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 12:54 PM

Hi,

1) Does it HAVE to be 2000 words long? I can only write - roughly - 1850.
You can write as much or as little as you want in the time. 1500-2000 is a guideline.

2) I am really struggling with historiography. Do i need one quote for each paragraph?
There are no set guidelines for the amount of historiography or even quotes. I would be very wary of putting in quotes simply for the sake of it, it's more the analysis of viewpoints and arguments that will get you your marks. Talk to your teacher but I feel they may tell you that your essay and argument should build from the historiography, not so much the other way around.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users