History Coursework Help!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Jack1e2t

Jack1e2t
  • Student
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 04:36 PM

Hello, I am doing a Edexcel Unit 4 coursework assignment and I was wondering if you could help me. I know there are strict guidelines about what you can say but I hope my question is general enough.

I am doing a question about 'Assess the role of individuals in ......' and my teacher told me to focus on four people specifically. Is that right? because the question seems very broad and open ended and of course there are other factors than specific individuals that I would need to include to fully answer the question. So I was hoping if you could give me any tips on answering such a question since structuring an essay for it seems much harder than assessing turning points or specific factors.

Thank You.

#2 MrJohnDClare

MrJohnDClare
  • Moderating Teacher & Admin
  • 5,342 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 01:14 AM

Hello, I am doing a Edexcel Unit 4 coursework assignment and I was wondering if you could help me. I know there are strict guidelines about what you can say but I hope my question is general enough.

I am doing a question about 'Assess the role of individuals in ......' and my teacher told me to focus on four people specifically. Is that right? because the question seems very broad and open ended and of course there are other factors than specific individuals that I would need to include to fully answer the question. So I was hoping if you could give me any tips on answering such a question since structuring an essay for it seems much harder than assessing turning points or specific factors.

Thank You.

Firstly, you need to know that on this forum we never question your teacher - they know what is best for you and our advice is always to do as they tell you.
However, in this situation I think you would be wise to go back to talk to your teacher more deeply.
Do they want you to compare the four individuals, and maybe choose the most influential - that would be do-able.
But I agree with you that if your teacher is asking you to assess the role of the individual (ie weigh it against other, impersonal factors it certainly does seem unecessarily complex to try to do so for four people (rather than just one).

Basically, you need to clarify with your teacher exactly what he wants - I fear you may have got hold of the wrong end of the stick.
And if you have not, and if he really does want you to assess the role of four individuals, then - whilst the forum rules and the exam rules prevent me from suggesting how you might do so, they most certainly do not stop HIM from giving you a very clear lead on how to go about it.

So my advice is to book an appointment with your teacher.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users