Coming Ocr History B Exam!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Anitta Rose Chacko

Anitta Rose Chacko
  • Student
  • 14 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 03:26 PM

Helo, I've heard that there are a lot of rumors going around saying that the History b ocr exam coming up this June (Paper 1) is going to be much harder than previous exams and that the style of questions is going to change. I'm beginning to get really worried can anyone tell me if any of this true?

#2 Mr. D. Bryant

Mr. D. Bryant
  • Moderating Teacher & Admin
  • 1,069 posts
  • Interests:History teacher, with special interest in military history.

Posted 02 April 2012 - 03:37 PM

Helo, I've heard that there are a lot of rumors going around saying that the History b ocr exam coming up this June (Paper 1) is going to be much harder than previous exams and that the style of questions is going to change. I'm beginning to get really worried can anyone tell me if any of this true?

This is just a rumour. It is not true.

All examinations have what's called a specification. The one for your course can be found here. Any changes to a specification are annouced well in advance so that schools can prepare for them. So, don't worry.

This may be people misunderstanding the proposed changes to GCSE. These only affect people starting in September 2012. OCR give more details about this on this page.

GCSE History is not an easy exam; that's why it is so highly regarded. Hope that this helps.

#3 Anitta Rose Chacko

Anitta Rose Chacko
  • Student
  • 14 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 06:21 PM

Thank you so much, this has really helped clear some of my doubts. :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users