History Elizabeth I Coursework William Cecil

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 studenthelp

studenthelp
  • Student
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 07:01 PM

7.5 Assess the view that William Cecil, later Lord Burghley, was the main influence in decision making in Elizabeth’s government?

Its my coursework question and I have to find 10 sources and evaluate the answers I have my sources can I please get help with the question as I am really confused its an OCR board so any help will be great!

#2 Mr. D. Bryant

Mr. D. Bryant
  • Moderating Teacher & Admin
  • 1,070 posts
  • Interests:History teacher, with special interest in military history.

Posted 16 April 2012 - 10:34 PM

7.5 Assess the view that William Cecil, later Lord Burghley, was the main influence in decision making in Elizabeth’s government?

Its my coursework question and I have to find 10 sources and evaluate the answers I have my sources can I please get help with the question as I am really confused its an OCR board so any help will be great!

Welcome to the Forum. Our problem is that we are very limited with coursework help.

Would you let us know what exam it's for? GCSE, A-Level? Which unit or paper?

The question doesn't seem too bad. You have to decide whether Burgley was the main influence on Elizabethan decision-making or was it something else. In coming to your decision you need to look at Burghley's role and some other factors.

Without looking at a relevant mark scheme I can't give you too much direct advice on the source evaluation, but if you search this forum under 'evaluation' you may find something to help you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users