Photo

Can Anyone Tell Me The Grade Boundaries For Gcse Ocr History?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Saraa

Saraa
  • Student
  • 10 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 11:01 PM

I was wondering if anyone could tell me the grade boundaries for OCR History A History Schools Project - Medicine Through Time and The American West.

I know I'm in Band 5 near top marks in my controlled assessment but I would like to know the grade boundaries for the exam and over all grade so I know exactly what I have to do in my exams on Tuesday and Thursday to insure I maintain my high grade.

Any links or comment's would be greatly appreciated

Thank you :) x

#2 MrJohnDClare

MrJohnDClare
  • Moderating Teacher & Admin
  • 5,339 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 11:41 PM

I appreciate what you are wanting and, if I was still teaching in a school, I could have told you what the numerical boundaries were last year.
However, even if I were not retired, I could not tell you what they are going to be this year, because they change 9sometimes significantly) from year to year depending on how hard the exam turns out to have been - if it is an easy exam, the boundaries tend to be higher etc.

Rather than thinking marks, perhaps you would be better to think Levels.

Go to this page, and look at some of the markschemes (e.g. this one from Jan 2011 which goes with this exam paper).
Look at the questions, and then look at what the markscheme requires a candidate to do to get the highest level for each type of question.

#3 Saraa

Saraa
  • Student
  • 10 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 12:02 AM

I appreciate what you are wanting and, if I was still teaching in a school, I could have told you what the numerical boundaries were last year.
However, even if I were not retired, I could not tell you what they are going to be this year, because they change 9sometimes significantly) from year to year depending on how hard the exam turns out to have been - if it is an easy exam, the boundaries tend to be higher etc.

Rather than thinking marks, perhaps you would be better to think Levels.

Go to this page, and look at some of the markschemes (e.g. this one from Jan 2011 which goes with this exam paper).
Look at the questions, and then look at what the markscheme requires a candidate to do to get the highest level for each type of question.

Thank you :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users