French Revolution

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 emms123456

emms123456
  • Student
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 11:23 AM

I need some help and I cannot seem to find good information. I need to know what was the role of the parliament during the French Revolution and how much power did Louis XVI and Marie Antoinette have. I know that they were really powerful but how much power did they exactly have.

Also,What were the consequences of the seven Years War for France?

I need help on this as my textbooks have not arrived and the information on the internet is not exactly helpful
Thank you for those that will help me

#2 MrJohnDClare

MrJohnDClare
  • Moderating Teacher & Admin
  • 5,342 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 10:57 PM

I think you simply need to do a bit of general reading on the background to the French revolution.

First, read the wikipedia article and the About article; this will gen you up on the role of the parlements (note the spelling) in causing the crisis which cause the Revolution.

You should be able to strip out the role of Marie Antoinette in causing the revolution from this webpage.

There is less on the web about the impact of the Seven Years War. This blog gives the financial damage, and the first paragraph of these Sparknotes supplies some more on the general impact of the war.

So have a general read around and then, if you have any specific things you don't understand, get back to us.
Enjoy - :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users