What would you like to study?

• Please log in to reply
82 replies to this topic

#76 Cyrusislikeawesome

Cyrusislikeawesome
  • Student
  • 6 posts

Posted 02 January 2010 - 03:51 PM

i think the cave men would be a very interesting and enjoyable subject because of the way you need to interperate pictures and the way ............... it is very difficult to explain but i think i would be very interested in covering that when i take my GCSEs :wacko:

#77 MrJohnDClare

MrJohnDClare
  • Moderating Teacher & Admin
  • 5,342 posts

Posted 03 January 2010 - 07:52 PM

i think the cave men would be a very interesting and enjoyable subject because of the way you need to interperate pictures and the way ............... it is very difficult to explain but i think i would be very interested in covering that when i take my GCSEs :wacko:

School History Project medicine studies prehistoric medicine.
Can you dig it...

#78 Guest_lanejared_*

Guest_lanejared_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 January 2010 - 11:07 AM

Hi,
I am very much interested in the evolution of the mankind from the old ages, specially around the 950 BC.
About he used to think at that time stamp and as we compare with the current life style it becomes more an more interesting and sometimes it's look's like funny though, it is the main cause of our evolution.

#79 MrJohnDClare

MrJohnDClare
  • 5,342 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 08:57 PM

Hi,
I am very much interested in the evolution of the mankind from the old ages, specially around the 950 BC.
About he used to think at that time stamp and as we compare with the current life style it becomes more an more interesting and sometimes it's look's like funny though, it is the main cause of our evolution.

I absolutely agree with you - have you heard of (or visited) Skara Brae on Orkney?
For me, it's probably the most exciting place in the world.

#80 reggy5

reggy5
  • Student
  • 35 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 05:57 PM

In response to one comment about tiers at GCSE - there was a foundation and a higher paper on the CCEA syllabus - we did germany and britain and the cold war. I found germany fascinating.

Im doing AS history at the minute and we are doing germany 1918c -1945c and russia c1903-1942c. I think doing germany at GCSE gave me a good base for studying the AS material. at the moment russia is a bit of a muddle to me as ive never studied it before.

However, i agree with whoever said about studying more British history and i would add to that irish history as well. In 3rd year we did about the british settling in ireland (cant remember - was it the plantation or something?) I dont think students know very much about the history of their own country as i think a lot of emphasis is on the wars of the 20th century (particularly WW2), whilst fascinating, i think its possibly a bit overdone. i found Nazi germany fascinating and britain during the war as well.

One thing i would say is that i think students in northern ireland would benefit from studying the troubles as its an important part of history and peoples lives.

Is there a limit on how close to the present day you can study? Ive always wondered this.

I remember studying the stone age etc in primary school - that would be a good idea! Is there much material on it, useful for GCSE type study?

I agree with whoever said about studying the history of sport etc. is totally pointless and i wouldnt be interested at all in that.

I think modern world history is perhaps the most interesting as its the most detailsed and far more material on it. More debate and argument :)

#81 archie_jones

archie_jones
  • Student
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 08:10 PM

Can someone please email me some past papers for the sources paper that is based on surgery through time. My email address is archie_jones@hotmail.com . The exam is tomorrow so the faster the better.

Cheers.

#82 Mr Podesta

Mr Podesta
  • 215 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 09:31 PM

If you can tell me which board you are studying then I can try to find some papers for you.

#83 archie_jones

archie_jones
  • Student
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 08:22 AM

actually don't worry now. A friend has sent me some. Thanks a lot any way though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users